- Permit food vending on sidewalks
- Incentivize healthy food vending
- Create partnerships with small businesses to cultivate vibrant commercials
- Foster safer streets by putting more "eyes on the streets"
- Create jobs for low-income, unemployed workers
Los Angeles Street Vendor Campaign is the campaign to develop a system that permits food vending on Los Angeles sidewalks. The campaign is driven by a coalition of organizations from all across the city, who are passionate about creating jobs, bringing healthy food into low-income neighborhoods, and cultivating vibrant and safe streets.
The campaign's end goal, is a Los Angeles ordinance that permits food vending. In general, the ordinance will: